Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23

Neva and I went to the Ziem's house this morning to help with the Missionary Kids' VBS. Ziems have a really nice home with a paved courtyard, several balconies and tasteful, African decor. We did VBS activities with the MKs and enjoyed interacting with them. We grabbed a quick bite for lunch, then Craig chauffeured us to HPCC. As usual, we had to wait quite a while for people to congregate. Attendance was slightly down today, but the kids were super hyped-up. We're so grateful for the assistance from the Moberly students.
In the evening we all ate out at a restaurant located on the Indian Ocean. It was guarded by Maasai "warriors" whose pictures we took. After a delicious meal, we strolled through the gardens and observed the Southern Cross overhead. Then we adjourned to the Ziem house for a team meeting.
Something I just learned: Dar es Saalem means Haven of Peace in Swahili. Can't believe I didn't put that together sooner!

1 comment:

DisneyWorldFan said...

GOOD TO HEAR OF YOUR WONDERFUL DAY! i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE PICTURES. CAN YOU TELL IF THE KIDS ARE LEARNING ANYTHING?