It's hard to believe we've been here one week; only one to go! This morning we went shopping (not just looking). Rochelle took us to some authentic African dukas, or shops. The vendors were annoyingly persistent at times, but we got pretty good at saying NO. After grabbing a quick bite at the "mall" we headed to HPCC.
The dear ladies at HPCC had prepared another meal for us, so we ate just enough to be polite. We had never tasted one of their staples called ugali, so we got to try that. The best way I can describe it is that it's basically unsalted paste!
VBS was to start at 2:00, but remember we're on African time. 2:00 passed, then 2:30. Finally, at 3:30 we started the music, and kids began to appear from everywhere. We actually ended up with 70-80, which was great for the first day. The kids had a wonderful time. Most of them are as cute and sweet as they can be. They're already giving us hugs, and we've just met! They left around 6:30, and we finally returned home by 8:00, tired but pleased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It sounds like you are leaving your mark already!! It is amazing how the Lord works through us. It was wonderful seeing the slide show yesterday in church. We are praying that your week goes well. I can't wait to see you and hear the stories upon your return!
Blessings
The Snyder Family
It's always great hearing from you, I look so forward in hearing from you. I can't believe it's been a week. I pray for a great VBS. God Bless Kathleen
I have so enjoyed reading all of your post! We are so happy to hear things are going so well. Kallie emails us and is having a good time. I can't wait to hear her stories in person. Give her a hug from us :)
Love to you all. We're keeping you in our prayers,
Katie and Jeff
It is so good to hear that God is working his miracles through the 13of you. I can't beleive that it has been a week already. Dwane and I are so upset that we didn't make it to church sunday to see the slide show. Can't wait for you all to get home to hear all the great stories.
Lots of love and Prayers
Dwane, Tara, Thomas, Arianna and Thetus
Post a Comment